Amelia Island Montessori School views the admission process as an opportunity for families and the school to learn about each other. We are committed to bringing people together from a broad spectrum of ethnic, national and religious backgrounds. We welcome diversity and teach our children to broaden their perspectives of the world through friendships, mutual respect and understanding. Each application is carefully considered according to the prospective student’s individual talents and learning style.
The admission process is outlined below:
- Parent(s) / guardian(s) schedule an information session and tour. This visit is specifically designed for the parent(s) / guardian(s) of the child. At this time, we will learn about your child, provide information about the Montessori philosophy, who we are as individuals and as a community, and tour our environments. Parent(s) / guardian(s) will have the opportunity to see our method in action as all tours are scheduled for the morning work cycles. You can request a tour here.
- Parent(s) / guardian(s) submit an enrollment application. To apply, an application form must be completed and returned to the Business Office, with a one-time, non-refundable fee of $100.00 and a copy of the child’s birth certificate. This application form is sent electronically after completing a tour of our campus.
- Parent(s) / guardian(s) request a records release and teacher recommendation from the child's current school. AIMS must receive all records from the child's current school in order for the process to advance.
- AIMS schedules a student visit and parent / guardian interview. Once the application has been reviewed and if space is available, AIMS will schedule a personal visit, which is an opportunity for the child to be in our classroom environment and to meet with a teacher. During this visit, the teacher will interact with the child, teach lessons and carefully observe the child. The Parent(s) / Guardian(s) interview may take place at the same time in order to answer any remaining questions and to meet with our Head of School, if not done so already.
- AIMS notifies the parent(s) / guardian(s) of the school's decision. Our school admission committee will review each application file and inform the parent(s) / guardian(s) of our decision within two (2) weeks. This notification will occur by mailing to the parent(s) / guardians(s) a letter of acceptance, contract and Student Record forms. The parent(s) / guardian(s) must return all forms with the appropriate fees prior to the child's entrance start date. Please note that enrollment is conditional for the first six (6) weeks of attendance. If it has been determined that placement is not in the best interest of the child, the classroom or the school, tuition (less fees) will be prorated and may be refunded at the sole discretion of AIMS.