- Accredited by the prestigious Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
- Led by a dedicated Head of School and engaged Board of Trustees
- Staffed by a passionate team of faculty that surpasses the recommended teacher-to-student ratio set by the American Montessori Society (AMS)
- Partnered with Duhovka Institut providing a Montessori teacher training center right on campus, ensuring the highest of Montessori education
- Set in a beautiful, natural, safe setting
- An experienced institution and a model for Montessori learning for nearly 50 years
- Attended by healthy, happy, engaged and connected families who strive to give their children the very best educational and developmental experiences available
- Full member of American Montessori Society (AMS), currently seeking accreditation
The Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS) was founded in 1954 as an organization dedicated to independence and quality of member schools. To ensure quality, all member schools must undergo an extensive accreditation process, with a periodic evaluation every five years. Schools must successfully meet FCIS Standards, demonstrate financial stability, provide quality education, and successfully undergo evaluation visits to be granted and to retain membership in FCIS.
Membership in FCIS confirms the following:
- Adherence to rigorous standards
- Commitment to the FCIS Code of Ethics
- Legislative voice at the state level to promote freedom from governmental interference
- Smooth transition to higher education for graduating students
- Access to professional development offered by FCIS
- National recognition via the NAIS Commission on Accreditation.
An AMS accredited school is a designation that the school meets well-defined standards of excellence as defined in the AMS School Accreditation Standards and Criteria. Currently, only about 10% of AMS International and members schools (national and international) are AMS accredited.
Currently, Amelia Island Montessori School is a full member and working toward full accreditation.