Admission Policies & Checklist
Thank you for your interest in Amelia Island Montessori School (AIMS). AIMS views the admission process as an opportunity for families and the school to learn about each other. We are committed to bringing people together from broad spectrum of ethnic, national, and religious backgrounds. We welcome diversity and teach our children to broaden their perspectives of the world through friendships, mutual respect, and understanding. Each application is carefully considered according to the student’s individual talents and learning style.
- Parent Information Session and Tour. This visit is specifically designed for the parents/guardians of the child. At this time, we will learn about your child, provide information about Montessori philosophy, who we are as individuals and as a community, and tour our environments. You will have the opportunity to see our method in action.
- Submit your Application with fee & birth certificate. To apply, complete and return this application form with a one-time, non-refundable fee of $50 and a copy of your child’s birth certificate.
- Submit a Release of Records & Teacher Recommendation to current school. All records must be received in order for the process to advance (even to hold an enrollment space for the appropriate program.
- Student Visit and Parent/Guardian Interview. A morning visit is an opportunity for your child to be in our classroom environment and meet with a teacher. During this visit, the teacher will interact with your child, teach lessons and carefully observe your child. The Parent/Guardian Interview may take place at the same time to have remaining questions answered and to meet with our Head of School.
- Notification. Our school admission committee will review your file and inform you of their decision within two weeks of your visits by mailing a letter of acceptance, contract, and Student Record forms. Parents must return all forms with fees prior to the entrance start date. Please note that enrollment is conditional for the first 6 weeks of attendance if found that placement is not in the best interest of the child or the classroom. Tuition (less fees) will be prorated and may be refunded at the sole discretion of AIMS.